Outdoor Tennis Courts
Washington and Lee's men's and women's tennis teams play a majority of their matches on the University's 14 outdoor courts.
The upper courts, considered the home of the men's tennis program, consist of eight courts, a gallery area and a tennis pavilion that serves as a gathering area for tournament officials and fans alike. The courts are located directly behind Wilson Field.
The lower courts, which were renovated and renamed the William Washburn Tennis Courts after the University's first women's tennis coach, consists of six courts and a storage building that includes restroom facilities. The lower courts are located directly behind the East end zone of Wilson Field and beneath the University footbridge, which was constructed in 1924.
W&L's outdoor tennis courts have played host to numerous conference and national tournaments, including the 1985, 1988 and 1997 NCAA Division III Men's Tennis Championships and the 1998 NCAA Division III Women's Tennis Championship.